This is a truly educational and associative long-term project consisting of a vast operation to raise awareness in an age group of the concept of European Capital of Culture, on a forward-looking and symbolic theme « I’ll be 20 in 2015 ».
It involves every child who has gone into second year secondary in September 2008. We are committed to following them through until 2015, regardless of the educational, geographical, or family circumstances of their future paths, offering them each year a series of special educational and entertaining activities which will give them a real feeling of belonging in relation to the coming event.
These young people also form a formidable network, ’ambassadors' working within their families, their associations, and their sports clubs.
They will have name cards entitling them to a range of advantages including reductions for the cultural activities in the area.
12495 ambassadors so far!
- This means being given advance information in a monthly newsletter on everything to do with the Mons bid to be European Capital of Culture in 2015.
- It means passing on this information in your family, among your friends, at work, and in the associations you’re a member of, so that the Mons 2015 project will, slowly but surely, become the business of all Mons citizens – and others.
- It means benefiting all year round from special cultural offers, reduced admission charges, invitations, meetings, previews,…
- It means envisaging, when the time comes, taking part as a volunteer, according to your availabilities and your skills and with no obligation whatsoever, in the setting up and development of some of the great festive events that will be taking place in 2015.
- It means exchanging your ideas, criticisms and comments with us in a friendly constructive spirit which will help us to make the project grow.
- It means being at the forefront of this fine adventure, which will be an unforgettable experience for the town and its citizens.